The comedian John Oliver dedicated a recent episode of Last Week Tonight to discuss cryptocurrencies, “the virtual currencies that combine everything you don’t understand about money…with everything you don’t understand about computers.” Cryptocurrencies are alternative digital mechanisms for exchanging value. They have no centralized issuing authority like a central bank but, instead, rely on cryptographic technology to facilitate accounting and recordkeeping. Bitcoin was one of the earliest examples but the number of these cryptocurrencies is proliferating as technology creates the opportunity for anyone to create their own secure, tradeable currency.
• Michael Owen is moving into the world of cryptocurrency.
• Celebrities will be able to launch their own tokens via a firm called GCOX and sell merchandise and services which will be paid for in tokens.
• “The career of a sportsman is quite short” and there remains a life to live after retirement, Owen said.
The People’s Bank of China, the nation’s central bank, has a new governor, its first in 15 years. His name is Yi Gang and judging by previous comments the 60-year-old has made, he’s perfectly okay with cryptocurrency. His positive stance towards bitcoin and other cryptos bodes well for their future within China.
• Jed McCaleb, creator of the Mt. Gox bitcoin exchange and co-founder of Stellar, predicts that blockchain technology will result in a “universal payments network.”
• He also said the phenomenon of initial coin offerings show entire “markets not tapped right now by the financial system.”
• Finally, McCaleb expects that non-cryptoassets such as stocks will become digitized with the same technology.
Previously, the sale was limited to only those on the whitelist. Rejoice! It is time for the rest of us to fill our pockets, or rather, our Ace Wallet, with Acecoins.
More good news! You are also eligible to join the Acecoin affiliate programme. Anytime a new user registers via your affiliate link, you will be rewarded a commission of 5%.
Get started by registering at the link provided: https://acecoin.network/sign-
Union Catholic Regional High School in Scotch Plains, New Jersey, proudly displays the following motto on its main building: “Where Tradition Meets Tomorrow.”
And that motto isn’t taken lightly.
Over the last couple of years, the term cryptocurrency has been rapidly gaining ground and understanding of its use and value in the public eye. At first it seemed unfamiliar and somewhat scary like the credit card looked to users in its early days.
• Jesse Powell, founder and CEO of Kraken, said Tuesday that the cryptocurrency market would continue to see an “acceleration” of growth.
• Asked whether he thought the market capitalization of all cryptocurrencies would hit the $1 trillion mark in 2018, Powell agreed.
The Bitcoin woes of early February seem to be long forgotten as the entire crypto is climbing to new heights on Thursday, riding a wave of positive news.