As cryptocurrency progresses at breakneck speed, the world scrambles to keep up, vying to emerge as front-liners providing crypto exchange platforms that meet users needs.
After hemming and hawing in its strange relationship with cryptocurrencies and the businesses they imply, the Philippine government decided to make room for a set aside economic zone. The scheme is offered in hopes of generating more tax income, employment for its people, and perhaps a dedicated crypto university.
Two countries have recently emerged as the new Meccas for token sales following bans in China and South Korea. The number of initial coin offerings in Singapore and Hong Kong has skyrocketed in recent months, as companies seek a favorable environment to raise funds outside their home countries.
Ace Global Holding Limited lifted its curtain on Acecoin and Acecoin Wallet, and unveils their strategic partnership with WeToken Taiwan during their press conference on 11th April 2018.
Why accountants of the future will need to speak blockchain and cryptocurrency if they want your money
If you haven’t already heard of Bitcoin, you either haven’t been paying attention or you’re a time traveller who just touched down in 2018. Because by now, most of us will have heard of Bitcoin and some of us have even jumped on the bandwagon, investing in cryptocurrencies.
Bitcoin Rallies above $9,000 after Positive G-20 Cryptocurrency Meeting, Now Up More Than 20% from Weekend Lows
• Bitcoin prices topped $9,000 after finance ministers took a more hands-off approach to cryptocurrencies at a G-20 meeting in Argentina Tuesday.
• “The spirit of the discussion was very productive, and I agree that everybody left very pleased,” says Federico Sturzenegger, governor of the Central Bank of Argentina.
• The cryptocurrency is up more than 20 percent from this weekend’s lows.
The comedian John Oliver dedicated a recent episode of Last Week Tonight to discuss cryptocurrencies, “the virtual currencies that combine everything you don’t understand about money…with everything you don’t understand about computers.” Cryptocurrencies are alternative digital mechanisms for exchanging value. They have no centralized issuing authority like a central bank but, instead, rely on cryptographic technology to facilitate accounting and recordkeeping. Bitcoin was one of the earliest examples but the number of these cryptocurrencies is proliferating as technology creates the opportunity for anyone to create their own secure, tradeable currency.
• Michael Owen is moving into the world of cryptocurrency.
• Celebrities will be able to launch their own tokens via a firm called GCOX and sell merchandise and services which will be paid for in tokens.
• “The career of a sportsman is quite short” and there remains a life to live after retirement, Owen said.